- 1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
- Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness (via hhhhhhhhhhhelen)
"If we doubted our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine how much in life we’d accomplish."
Joel Brown (via quotestuff)
"if there ever was a dawn it is now. I think I realize that I will never know how much my father loves me until i have a child, I think every father is in love with his daughter. and i can only imagine this kind of love at this point in my life. what a natural thing love is, like every plant, every living feeling, it grows, although love is unlike any other feeling, unique in every case. you can love the world and you can love your dog and you can love your mom and brother and best friend and boyfriend but they are all growing from different foods and for different reasons. I love love because it is so freeee, it is so good and so young and truthful it is compassionate and ready to learn. I love love because of its many different forms but today i speak of a love that I know. an unconditional love that I have been growing, and as it grows, I climb it and playfully enjoy it like a tree, and I grow up with it, and because i can only climb to its highest branch it is the highest ive been and the best perspective ive seen and we are always on a level playing field. i love it.
the day it stops growing will be the day it dies. although i love all the branches on the tree and i will not only sit on the highest brach but lounge and enjoy ever branch down to the roots. I will never forget to include the roots.
I realized today that I need to learn to trust the people that are in love with me. believe them when they say they love me and say it back like a promise, shining my word on this plant everyday. and i need to trust that those who love me compare me to no one else, because everyone is different and we mustn compare. everyone brings something to the table, and we love them all. i am only in love, with one person however. I need to lean to trust my friends to be there for me. and forgive them if they cant be and believe that they wanted to be. invite them all to the party, no fear of a bust. I need to feed my boyfriend slyly every four hours and make him breakfast in bed, even if i dont eat the same thing. i need to bring him little :gifts that show him i was thinking of him when i was away, like the backpack, and i need to touch him when he is close, and prove my love over and over and over again, and never stop praising my plant so it will forever grow higher. im in love with this tree, this truelove tree of mine. trust must be earned. but those who earn your trust deserve it, and if you dont give it to them, its not fair. and life isnt fair so i try my hardest to be. i want to be more confident in myself to be vulnerable with those i trust. i need to feed my life adventure and trust the struggle that comes with every chosen road. love is the answer, and it is in the wind .
ps-im gonna work on making plans and throw around business ideas
pps-stoked on making plans , those who cant make it , miss you, all g but stay on course."
- my brain
I was dreaming when I wrote this so forgive me if it goes astray :
I know I can choose my mindstate, and I work on that errydY.
I want to take charge and change my course. I want to live more of life. because that is what i believe. i love that food and plants GROW I love that mother nature gives us all we need, and more than we could ever really understand in one sitting. keeps it interesting.
Grow UP and don’t stOP
"there is something about him. it is not something i can see. although he is nice to look at. it is something in his move. it is open, mysterious but careful, willing to learn. these are the people I love, the ones with some stories, or learned lessons, who are still growing up and will never stop. respect"
"it’s not something you take or get given. everyone must earn it."
"we tell our kids not to cry. they should cry if they are sad, thats what crying is for. helping the sadnesss get away. they must learn to express themselves freely no holding back for fear of the public judgement. if they judge honesty they arentconfident to be honest themselves.
no whining tho"